Mothers Day 2020: 10 best gifts for MOM:
- Mother’s Day is celebrated on May 10, 2020.
- Verify out fun ideas for spending experience with Mom from a virtual dinner date to a long-distance movie evening to a Zoom talent show
- Mother’s Day celebrates motherhood and is a day to make an extra-special struggle to recognize and understand mothers’ roles in our lives.
- Often this day is continued to generations of mothers, grandmothers, great-grandmothers, stepmothers
- In the United States, Mother’s Day is celebrated yearly on the second Sunday in May.
- Mother’s Day is a national holiday extensively followed in the U.S., it is not a national or government holiday
Mothers Day, according to year:
- Year Mothersday
- 2020 May,10
- 2021 May,9
- 2022 May,8
HISTORY OF MOTHER’S DAY:
- A day to admire mothers has existed for as long as well there have been mothers Festivals admiring mothers in old times were often tied to gods and goddesses
- The Phrygians held a festival for Cybele, the Great Mother of the Gods. The Greeks and Romans also admired the mother’s appearance of their gods. Even today a major festival in India, Durga-puja, honors the goddess Durga.
- During the Middle Ages, people would react to their home or “mother” church once a year during the middle of Lent.
- Historians theorize that it was the return to the “mother” church that led to the belief of children getting the day off to attend their mother and family.
- In 16th-century England, this celebration became “Mothering Sunday.” Children mainly daughters who had gone to serve as domestic servants would be given the day off on the fourth Sunday of Lent to return to their mothers and home parish.
- The most adult son or daughter would bring a “mothering cake,” which would be cut and given by the entire family.
- Family gatherings were the order of the day, with sons and daughters assuming all household duties and preparing a special dinner in honor of their mother.
- Sometime during the day, the mother would attend special church services with her family.
10 WAYS TO CELEBRATE MOM:
- Suggest yard and garden services
- Enrich your mom’s door or first entrance
- Cook for Mom
- Present your mom an extra-long phone call
- See a movie or show together
- Make Mom a video, a song playlist, or a piece of art
- Go for a stroll in the playground or how about taking mom a picnic
- Make a handmade gift
- Take to a garden together
- Make your own card.
Mothers Day 2020: 10 best gifts for MOMhttps://t.co/sw4CW18YpT Verify out fun ideas for spending experience with Mom from a virtual dinner date to a long-distance movie evening to a Zoom talent show #mothersday2020 #MothersDay #Mothersdaycelebration #mothersdaygift
— Helo Cherry (@Helo_cherry) May 6, 2020